As everyone knows, we are remodeling our house. The bathroom is complete and we are now working on Morgan and Taylor's room. We are texturing the walls and ceiling with a stamp that Jeremy made. Everytime I walk into one of those rooms, I see the texturing, which is beautiful. Morgan, being the amazing little girl she is, made the comment that "now we have a part of Jere we can look at everyday." Well I have been struggling with a few things the past few days and when I woke up this morning, this song was in my head. Perhaps, it is a little inspiration from above, or maybe it is because I love Brad Paisley. Either way, it brightened my day.
When I get where I'm going
on the far side of the sky.
The first thing that I'm gonna do
Is spread my wings and fly.
I'm gonna land beside a lion,
and run my fingers through his mane.
Or I might find out what it's like
To ride a drop of rain
Yeah when I get where I'm going,
there'll be only happy tears.
I will shed the sins and struggles,
I have carried all these years.
And I'll leave my heart wide open,
I will love and have no fear.
Yeah when I get where I'm going,
Don't cry for me down here.
I'm gonna walk with my grandaddy,
and he'll match me step for step,
and I'll tell him how I missed him,
every minute since he left.
Then I'll hug his neck.
Yeah when I get where I'm going,
there'll be only happy tears.
I will shed the sins and struggles,
I have carried all these years.
And I'll leave my heart wide open,
I will love and have no fear.
Yeah when I get where I'm going,
Don't cry for me down here.
So much pain and so much darkness,
in this world we stumble through.
All these questions, I can't answer,
so much work to do.
But when I get where I'm going,
and I see my Maker's face.
I'll stand forever in the light,
of His amazing grace.
Yeah when I get where I'm going,
Yeah when I get where I'm going,
there'll be only happy tears.
Hallelujah!
I will love and have no fear.
When I get where I'm going.
Yeah when I get where I'm going.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I am just sitting here at work bawling. I do love that song.
Good luck with your remodeling. I am sure it looks awesome!
I've got to quit reading your blog Dani. You always have me crying when I'm finished. What beautiful tributes to your brother you have written about on here. I'm so glad you have things in your house to remind you of him. Take care.
Post a Comment